Volkswagen is Partner of the Sino-German Cultural Program 2017
- A wide-ranging cultural program will celebrate the establishment of diplomatic relations between China and Germany, which took place 45 years ago
- There will be more than 150 events with Chinese artists in various German cities
- Member of the Board and President and CEO of Volkswagen Group China Jochem Heizmann: "We are excited to support bringing Chinese culture and artists to Germany in order to further strengthen the rapport between both nations."
Its time to celebrate: 45 years ago Germany and China moved to establish diplomatic relations. To commemorate this anniversary the Chinese embassy in Germany has worked closely with German partners and cultural institutions to create a festival featuring music, theater, dance and film as well as contemporary art, literature and philosophy. Altogether 150 exciting events will span this special year, made possible by more than 40 different projects and partnerships. As the main partner Volkswagen Group will sponsor an array of individual events, dedicated to expanding the cultural exchange between the two countries.
The highly diverse cultural program will give the German public a rare chance to become acquainted with Chinese art and artists first-hand. Through presentations and performances this wide-ranging cultural exchange invites visitors and participants alike to deepen their understanding and to be inspired by the unknown.
His Excellency, Ambassador Shi Mingde notes: "We are confident that the intense and creative cooperation between German and Chinese cultural institutions in 2017 will not only carry a strong political message for the profound friendship between these nations, but will also enhance the lively exchange between both peoples and cultures, encouraged by many events and personal encounters. We are especially happy that Volkswagen Group has joined as main partner of this cultural endeavor."
"We look forward to bringing Chinese culture and its artists to Germany in order to support an active exchange and mutual understanding between both nations", says Prof. Dr. Jochem Heizmann, Member of the Board of Volkswagen Group and President and CEO of Volkswagen Group China. "Art and culture are highly significant for a society, because they are able to promote creativity and innovation. With our commitment to this project we hope to deliver these crucial impulses."
Here are a few examples from the six projects specifically sponsored by Volkswagen Group:
• Inaugural Concert with the Guangdong National Orchestra of China at the Berlin Philharmonie, Berlin
• Presentation of the artwork "Phoenix" by XU Bing and the exhibition "World by World" in the context of the show NordArt 2017 in Büdelsdorf, Schleswig-Holstein
• Exhibition “Typography - Pictography: Contemporary Chinese poster and book design today."
Note: more details at www.chinaheute45.org