A new Champion for a new era: Volkswagen Truck & Bus to become TRATON GROUP
- Major milestone towards capital market readiness
- TRATON reflects the DNA of a company born in a new era of transportation
- Strong brands MAN, Scania, Volkswagen Caminhões e Ônibus and RIO to retain their brand identities under the roof of TRATON GROUP
- Andreas Renschler: “TRATON provides us with more independence. It will further strengthen our Group’s joint identity and uniqueness. The new name will also foster our visibility as the leading Group for innovative transportation solutions. It will increase our attractiveness for new talents as well as for capital markets.”
Today, Volkswagen Truck & Bus revealed to its Top Management that the organization will be renamed into TRATON GROUP. This new branding is another milestone on the Group’s way to increase independence even further and towards capital market readiness.
Andreas Renschler, Chief Executive Officer of Volkswagen Truck & Bus Group and member of the Board of Management of Volkswagen AG, said: “The new name TRATON is a major milestone on our road to become Global Champion of the transportation industry. Since our foundation, we have grown together faster than expected. TRATON provides us with more independence. It will further strengthen our Group’s joint identity and uniqueness. The new name will also foster our visibility as the leading Group for innovative transportation solutions. It will increase our attractiveness for new talents as well as for capital markets.”
TRATON reflects the Group’s DNA: what the company is striving for and how it is acting. The name stands for a young company designed for and born in a new era of transportation:
• TRAnsformation of the ecosystem transport is our mission – for everyone´s benefit.
• TRAnsportation is our and our customer’s passion.
• TONnage is what our customers are moving around the world, every day.
• TRAdition of our strong brands is what is grounding us.
• Always “ON” is the ultimate goal of our customers and our attitude in order to make everything possible for them.
TRATON goes along with our joint values: determination, integrity, respect, customer focus and team spirit. The strong, traditional brands MAN, Scania, Volkswagen Caminhões e Ônibus and RIO will retain their own identities under the umbrella brand of TRATON GROUP. The official name change is expected to be effective by Q3 2018.
The transportation sector is facing major changes due to increasing transportation volumes, higher emission standards and customer demand for efficient, sustainable and competitive solutions. TRATON combines the agility and spirit of a start-up with the extensive experience of traditional brands. With this unique set-up, the Group is perfectly positioned to re-invent transportation for future generations.
Hans-Dieter Pötsch, Head of Volkswagen AG’s and Volkswagen Truck & Bus’ Supervisory Boards: “The Supervisory Board fully supports the ambitious plans of Volkswagen Truck & Busand the Group’s move towards a unique identity. This will reinforce our truck business on their way to capital market readiness.”
Link to movie and film