Plus 14.4 per cent: Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles starts successfully into the new year
- 39,500 delivered vehicles worldwide
- Plus 24.9 per cent in Western Europe
- T series and Crafter with significant growth
- Member of the Board of Management for Sales and Marketing Löw: “Positive development will continue in the next few months”
Heinz-Jürgen Löw, Member of the Board of Management for Sales and Marketing at Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles: ”We have made an excellent start to 2019. I am especially pleased that we were able to achieve significant growth in deliveries in our European core markets. We have thus successfully continued the positive development of the last quarter. Our plants in Hannover and Poland are running at full speed. We are confident that the positive trend will continue in the next few months.”
The strong delivery volume of 26,700 vehicles in Western Europe was mainly driven by the five core markets:
- Germany: 10,000 vehicles (+29.6 per cent)
- UK: 2,800 vehicles (+12.7 per cent)
- Spain: 1,500 vehicles (+89.2 per cent)
- France: 1,200 vehicles (+5.4 per cent)
- Italy: 900 vehicles (+18.1 per cent)
With a total of 3,850 vehicle deliveries (+40.6 per cent), the Eastern European markets also made a significant contribution to the brand’s monthly sales volume.
North- and South America
In Mexico (North American market) and the South American markets, fewer vehicles have been handed over to customers than in January in January 2018:
- Mexico: 600 vehicles (-7.8 per cent)
- South America: 3,600 vehicles (-27.1 per cent)
In Africa, VWCV recorded an increase of 46.2 per cent in the first month of the year with 2,100 vehicle deliveries.
At 1,500 vehicles, 10.7 per cent fewer vehicles were delivered in the Asia-Pacific region at the beginning of the year than in the comparable last year’s period.
The slump in the Turkish market is reflected in deliveries: 850 vehicles were delivered in January, 39.7 per cent fewer than in the same month last year. The entire Middle East region thus delivered 1,040 vehicle units (-35.6 per cent).
Brand deliveries by series (January 2019):
T series: 14,800 vehicles (+39.4 per cent)
Caddy: 12,950 vehicles (+0.1 per cent)
Amarok: 6,500 vehicles (-13.2 per cent)
Crafter: 5,200 vehicles (+51.8 per cent)